Sunday, May 2, 2021

Sunday, May 2, 2021

 Good Morning everyone!


Saturday was May Day.  Who has fond memories of making and taking small baskets of flowers, candies, little surprises, and leaving them on the doorsteps of friends?!  Not only was it a fun tradition, without realizing, we were actually spreading little acts of kindness. Wouldn't it be great instead of just focusing on the one day, we use the entire month of May to spread kindness?  There are lots of ways to brighten someone's day. We should bring back this old tradition making it even better, by choosing every day to show gestures of kindness! ~ Mindy

**************************************************************************

 

May 1 - 2

Happy May Day!  Did any of you make May baskets this year?  I remember Phyllis helped us make wonderful baskets to share with friends and neighbors.

Our family celebrated our future daughter-in-law's birthday on Friday.  Aaron grilled hamburgers for the first time this season.

Please remember JoAnn's sister-in-law, Sharon, and Rosemary in your prayers.  I encourage you to text me your favorite hymn and I will try to find a video to go with it.  JoAnn requested a video of "On Eagle's Wings" with the lyrics.  I remember "Hymn of Promise" was one of Nancy's favorite songs.  ~ Mary Zach

On Eagle's Wings

Hymn of Promise

 *******************************************************

  Looking through past photos of church and church gatherings, I thought it might be nice to share one or two every Sunday, calling it, "Captured Moments from the Past."
Here's today's captured moments..
.

 

 

To elaborate more on today's captured moment, after I wrote my thoughts under today's header picture reminiscing on May baskets and my thoughts on how we should continue the tradition today and  perhaps use the whole month of May to practice kindness, I decided to look back through some May blog posts looking for a picture to share.  I came across these thoughts written by Pastor Blaine in 2016.  After reading, look at the very first sentence and then the very last sentence.  He said "May is a month full of opportunities to serve and give thanks in a variety of ways." And to  "let May be the 'take the time' month to serve the Lord with a small act of gratitude and kindness."      

  I smiled and thought to myself,  "see Pastor Blaine, I was listening.  Every Sunday, I was listening."  ~Mindy

 


 

********************************************************


Percy's Tidbit


We can do the smallest and simplest of things everyday to show compassion and love.

*******************************************************

If nothing else....

When someone crosses your mind, bless them. ~ Mary Davis

 Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment