Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Happy Sunday Morning!

 "A mother's love endures through all."    ~ Washington Irving

***********************************************************************************

 

  May 8 - 9

Happy Mother's Day!

We pray for God's blessings for all the wonderful ladies of our church. We hope you have a very special day!

Birthday greetings to Rusty Raymond on the 14th and Katie Johnson on the 10th.  Katie is about to have another baby very soon!

Please continue to pray for Sharon, Rosemary, and Kristin.

The Sidney High School concert band and choir both got 1's at Large Group Contest!  They were absolutely amazing!

Thank you to Beth and Phyllis for requesting songs.  I will use them next week, since the videos this week are for Mother's Day. 

The videos this week are:

Happy Mother's Mini Movie

A Mother's Day Blessing

A Mother's Love

 

 Thank you also to the people who shared memories of their mothers.

Phyllis shared: My mom has been gone for several years.  My mom was a wonderful cook, she could make a meal out of nothing.  Every time I make something that my mother used to make, it never tastes as good as hers.

Penny shared: My mom always had a pleasant look on her face and was very loving and fun. Even though I was only 12 when she passed away, I think of her everyday. I am also blessed with a wonderful step mom.

Mary shared: My mom was a marvelous cook too! I think part of the reason ladies back then were such good cooks is they had so much practice.  My mom made three meals a day, seven days a week most of her married life.  We rarely went out to eat.  My dad always said, "Why go out to eat when I have the best cook at home!"  Two of my favorite things that Mom made were pork chops and rhubarb pie.

********************************************************

 

 Looking through past photos of church and church gatherings, I thought it might be nice to share one or two every Sunday, calling it, "Captured Moments from the Past."
Here's today's captured moments..
.

2017- tables were set for a Mother's Day Breakfast served by the men. (Just a reminder, you can always click on pictures to enlarge.)


 

*******************************************************
 

 

 

 

 

 Percy's Tidbit


There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.  ~ Jill Curchill

********************************************************

 

 

To all the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters and other women in our lives that care for us and love us unconditionally...

   Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment