Sunday, June 26, 2022

Sunday, June 26, 2022

 Blessings


 Good Morning sun, Good Morning coffee, Good Morning devotion.

"Bless my eyes to see goodness.  Bless my words to speak kindness.  Bless my heart to feel compassion.  Bless my soul to radiate love."  ~from the daybook, "Everyday Spirit."

 

***************************************************************************

 

Good Morning!


 Please pray for our country, our leaders, and our church.

 

 Praise and Prayer Requests:

 

  Roger Polsley, Marge Bennett, Amy and Patric Breekbill, Andrew Heuberger, Curtis Weston, Rosemary Handy, Conrad Hall, Alesana Hastie, Tom Need, Pastor Donna, Jim and Donna Glenn, Mary Sherwood, Beth’s mother, Doris Nenneman, Carolyn Weston, SA Ukrainian DHQ Christine, the Moyer’s daughter in law’s surgery, the family of Melvin Richardson, and for the many unspoken prayers.

Praise for Alesana’s homecoming, a delightful Fathers Day celebration including the Sherwood family, Sandy Booker’s retirement (39.75 years).

 June Birthday: 29th Don Shipley 

July Birthdays: 3rd Rosemary Handy, Crystal Graham, 4th Beth Lueth, 7th JoAnn Birkby, 8th Mindy Raymond, 12th Phyllis Greedy, Macey Graham, 13th Barbara Handy, 15th Dana Gunderson, 17th Aaron Zach, 24th Esther McCown, Betty Booker, Donna Glenn, 27th Wava Shipley, 28th DJ Graham, 

July Anniversary 19th DJ & Crystal Graham

 

*********************************************************

 

Today's Sermon:  "Five Finger Prayer"

Hymns: Click on the links

 A Mighty Fortress is Our God

Holy, Holy, Holy

He Hideth My Soul

Special Music:  "Somebody Prayed for Me" by International Staff Songsters (lyrics below)

Special Music
Somebody Prayed for Me,
by Dorothy Norwood 

Somebody prayed for me, had me on their mind,
They took the time and prayed for me.
I'm so glad they prayed
I'm so glad they prayed for me.
My mother prayed for me, had me on her mind.
She took the time and prayed for me.
I'm so glad she prayed
I'm so glad she prayed for me.
The preacher prayed for me, had me on his mind.
He took the time and prayed for me.
I'm so glad he prayed
I'm so glad he prayed for me.

 Near the Heart of God 

*********************************************************

 

 We had a very enjoyable Father's Day Service last week. Thank you to those who brought food, decorated the tables, and shared in any way.  It was all very nice.

Also last Sunday, Don came to church sharing these little flower hollyhock dolls he had made. Are they not just precious?!

 


What a joy when others share, thank you Don!

 

  I can remember mom, aunts, and grandmothers showing me at one time or another, how to make them. This little hollyhock doll in particular I just fell in love with, and he kindly said I could take it home. It brought back such fond memories, so much so, I just had to put words to paper.

 

Thank you again Don for sharing the sweet little flower dolls, and for the memories and inspiration they brought!

*********************************************************


Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

  

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 


Today's church share is "Watercolors by Otha Grant."  Joan T. is sharing this pretty picture she had received from a friend.


*********************************************************


Percy's Tidbit


Be yourself with all your heart.~Mary Davis


*********************************************************

Leaving with you a little dose of cuteness.  Have a great week! Perhaps we should wear our smiles along with a wreath of flowers. What do you think?!  :)

                                                            Picture via Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment