Sunday, March 3, 2013

Student of the Month Aaron Tiemeyer

Aaron is the son of Jon Tiemeyer and grandson of Joan Tiemeyer.
Hello, my name is Aaron.  I’m a senior in school at Morningside College in Sioux City.
The most enjoyable part about being in school is the amount of knowledge that I can immerse myself in.  Not only have I learned a lot about history taking classes for my major but also every other class I’m in that allows me to learn about people and how we live and work.
I plan on finishing up school in the fall and staying around on campus until May and then moving somewhere a little warmer hopefully with a job teaching and then possibly grad school down the road.
I am a member of Delta Sigma Phi a fraternity here on campus and I handle the treasurer responsibilities for the fraternity.  My brothers give me a home away from home and someone to talk to when everyone else is far away.  It means a lot to me to have people support me here and especially at home as it gives me the strength I need to carry on through all the pressures of being a full time student and part time worker.
My word of advice for the “Boomer Generation” is to listen to our older generation and to be more like my grandma.  She loves me no matter what and has indirectly taught me a lot about life.
You can send Aaron a note of encouragement at the following address:
Aaron Tiemeyer
1327 South Cornelia St.
Sioux City, IA 51106
mailbox-276

No comments:

Post a Comment