Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Pastor’s Thoughts

 

messag2c

Shakespeares,"Hark what light through yonder window breaks,' or Poes
"Quote, the raven never more. Sometimes a famous phrase sticks with us
all our lives, some of them are: Patrick Henry's " Give me liberty or
give me death," The Alamo or Lincoln's "Fourscore and seven years ago,"
F.D. R's"This day will live in infamy!" President Kennedy's, "Ask not
what your country  can do for  you, ask what you can do for your country."
*On a personal level a mother's words, "I love you, Blaine," or my
parents famous phrase, "Because I said so!"
*However no greater phrase rings more brilliant or resonates clearer
than "He Is Risen." As a Pastor, a Christian, an individual of faith,
"He is risen" expresses a hope and eternal assurance that makes each and
every day worth living.  "He is Risen" means that I too will one day
experience the ultimate reality that death is swallowed up in victory
and that I like Christ will receive a new spiritual body fit for life in
His Father's glorious Kingdom called Heaven.
For me, "He is Risen" is the greatest phrase ever spoken.
                                             
Pastor Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment