Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Message of a Song

It was wonderful to see and talk to Rosemary on Sunday and I was glad she was there to play for us...I only wish we could have gotten her up to play their beautiful pipe organ, but I know that will never happen!  I don't know if anyone else noticed the song she played during Blaine's ever so long morning prayer?  (just joking Blaine!)  she played one of my favorite hymns, of course I have many favorites, they seem to fade as the sun does and then something happens in my life and they seem to burst forth in my ever wondering mind for me to sing for days, and sometimes weeks.  anyways, she played, "Spirit of God descend upon my heart"  it's a very old hymn and one of the verses that always speaks to me is:  Teach me to feel that thou art always nigh; teach me the struggles of the soul to bear; to check the rising doubt, the rebel sigh; teach me the patience of unanswered prayer. 

  I can't help but that think that God spoke to her that morning.  How many times do we sing a song or hear a song and never really pay attention to the words?  I urge all of you to really read what you are singing come next Sunday.  I bet you would be surprised to find a verse or phrase in a song that speaks for whatever you may be going thru at that time.

Thanks be to God!

Scott

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to your comments, it was not only great to see Rosemary but to have her there on the day when Marilyn was unable to play for us was like a gift from above. To see and be able to visit with Elizabeth and most all our absent members for a Sundy service was almost like being home again at Percival Community Church. God is Good.

    ReplyDelete