Thursday, January 24, 2013

Percy the Church Sheep

Meet Percy…again?!

As you have probably noticed by now, you always see a picture of Percy the church sheep along the right side of our blog. Percy always has a tidbit of information for us each month. You can find his monthly tidbit when you click on the bulletin for announcements and upcoming events. Percy informed us that maybe we should reintroduce him to people that haven’t met him personally or have just forgotten exactly who he is. Percy is a congregation member of the Percival Community Church.  He likes to be inspiring and uplifting, so whenever you see the name “Percy,” you can be sure he’s got nothing but love for you! Just consider him one of God’s sheep that likes to give out big wooly hugs!

When we asked Percy to tell us a little about himself, this is what he wrote for us:

Hello Everyone! Let me introduce myself. My name is Percy (short for Percival).

I am one of God’s sheep. I attend church with you all. You just have never recognized me as I have had to disguise myself for I don’t think you would know what to do if you saw an actual sheep setting in a pew, but that’s what I am, an actual sheep, wool and all. I’ve been known to stray at times and when I do, I’m usually yanked back in the fold by our Shepherd. Everybody strays once in awhile I’m told. Anyway, the Shepherd tells me I have been very blessed by your love and goodness and that he wants me, Percy, to become a constant reminder that each one of us is one of God’s sheep.

So whenever you see my picture or hear my name, you should be reminded of that very fact. Watch for my little tidbits in upcoming newsletters and on our blog.

Wooly Hugs,

Percy

No comments:

Post a Comment