Monday, October 5, 2015

Pastor’s Thoughts

All of us have things that scare us. For some it's thunder and
lightening; others the dark, snakes, spiders, flying, and some at the
end are scared to die Halloween is a time when young children dress up
and try to scare someone in their costumes and masks. They'll run up
behind us and yell BOO! Most of us will act scared even if we're not.
Scaring people can be fun.
*There are other occasions that being scared is real and frightening.
The Lord doesn't want our hearts to be afraid or scared.  Jesus promises
that he'll be with us when we feel afraid. In I John 4:18 the Bible
states,"Where Gods love is, there is no fear, because Gods perfect love
drives out fear." Gods love for us enables us to depend on him whenever
we 're afraid. We don't have to fear. The 23rd Psalm states, "Yea though
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;"
Why? For thou are with me.  Gods love and presence is with us wherever
we are and we go. We don't have to be afraid.
The next time we experience fear or the emotion of being afraid remember
the words of Psalms 27:1, "The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom
shall I fear?" The  Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be
afraid? May our loving Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ bless and keep each
and every one of you in His loving care

Pastor Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment