Saturday, October 31, 2020

Sunday, November 1, 2020

 Hello everyone!

 I find it interesting to read about a hymn, who wrote it, when it was written, and the inspiration behind it.  This hymn, "Send the Light" was written in 1890 by Charles H. Gabriel,  (1856-1931) who grew up on a farm in Iowa. It is considered to be one of the best missionary hymns ever written. ~Mindy        And as the song says,

Let us not grow weary in the work of love,
"Send the light! Send the light!"
*****************************************************************
 
 
 Please pray for all members of our congregation, Pastor Blaine, Lynn and Barb, Kristin, Penny and her husband, Larry.  Larry is home and doing better. Penny thanks everyone for their calls and prayers.  Please pray for our country.  Jan and I give thanks that his niece and her husband are back in their home in Estes Park.  

Birthday greetings to Jeff Handy on November 1st and Bill Allen on November 4th.
************************************************************************************
 
 The videos this week feature young children.  I hope they bring joy to you as they share the Good News of our Savior. 
 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  Matthew 19:14
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.  3 John 1:4       ~Mary Zach
 
 
Beautiful Savior by Claire Ryann 

Peace In Christ by Claire Ryann and dad
 
 *I would like to take a moment to say thank you to Mary Zach. Mary plays a big part in contributing to our blog post each Sunday. She gathers the prayer requests, birthdays and anniversaries. She is also gracious to provide us with music/videos each week by choice or requests. Thank you Mary, I know everyone appreciates all that you do! And speaking of videos, I must say the "Peace in Christ" song was awesome.  I have never heard that before. What a beautiful beautiful song and video. I will be adding that one to my favorites!  For a father and daughter to sing and share together, such a beautiful gift and song ....there's just no words. Heartwarming. ~ Mindy 
************************************************************************************
 
 
   Looking through past photos of church and church gatherings, I thought it might be nice to share one or two every Sunday, calling it, "Captured Moments from the Past."
Here's today's captured moments..
 

********************************************************
Beth Lueth sent a photo to share with us...
Halloween party, I think 1994

********************************************************
Please reach out to Mary or myself with news or photos you would like to share. Everyone likes and enjoys keeping in touch.
********************************************************


Percy's Tidbit

Do not let the darkness dim your light. This week and every week, let your light shine.
********************************************************

I think I will close with words from one of today's songs, "Peace in Christ"

He gives us hope
When hope is gone
He gives us strength
When we can't go on
He gives us shelter
In the storms of life
When there's no peace on earth
There is peace in Christ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment