Saturday, July 23, 2022

Sunday, July 24, 2022

 Blessings

 


 I know I've said this a thousand times and I will say it a thousand more. "Don't just look at flowers.  REALLY LOOK at flowers.  One of the most beautiful creations there is." ~Mindy


**************************************************************************************


Good Morning!

 

 Please pray for our country, our leaders, and our church.

 

 Praise and Prayer Requests:

 Roger Polsley, Marge Bennett, Amy and Patric Breekbill, Curtis Weston, Rosemary Handy, Pastor Donna, Conrad Hall, Alesana Hastie,  Jim and Donna Glenn, Mary Sherwood, Beth’s mother, Doris Nenneman, Susan Lueth Dave’s sister,

 Special prayers for Tom Need and Larry Warren. 

Thank you Lueth family for sharing sweet corn! July Birthdays: 3rd Rosemary Handy, Crystal Graham, 4th Beth Lueth 7th JoAnn Birkby, 8th Mindy Raymond, 12th Phyllis Greedy, Macey Graham, 13th Barbara Handy, 15th Dana Gunderson, 17th Aaron Zach, 24th Esther McCown, Betty Booker, Donna Glenn, 27th Wava Shipley, 28th DJ Graham, 19th DJ & Crystal Graham Anniversary.


Today's Sermon:  "Empty"

Today's Hymns:

Blessed Assurance

What A Friend We Have In Jesus

Standing On the Promises

Special Music:  "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns

I Need Thee Every Hour

 

*********************************************************


 

 One of the delicious treats of summer. Thank you Lueth family~

 


*********************************************************

 

 

 
 Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

  

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 


 Picture credit - Pinterest/Marion county, California

 

***************************************************************************

 

 

Percy's Tidbit


 Begin looking at everything as if you are seeing it for the first time. Most likely you will realize you truly are seeing it for the first time.   

 

*****************************************************************************

 

 I know I've mentioned many times how I find the beauty of flowers so breathtaking. Everything in nature truly, is beautiful. As I get older I see and appreciate it so much more.  I always try to convey how important it is to see the beauty all around. I guess because I'm discovering it as if for the first time, I want everyone else to notice it too.  Unfortunately I never really was gifted when it comes to words. I even tried to reiterate my thoughts in today's Percy's Tidbit, but still feel I fall short.  Then, this happened....

I was going though some old books deciding which ones to part with and which ones to keep.  I came across this book I remembered  buying at (yes, once again, a thrift store.)  I was flipping through the pages since I had never yet read the book and stumbled upon this page:

 Wow, my thoughts exactly.


 *The book is entitled "Reflections of Madison County." A visual journey. Mark F. Heffron .  Full of beautiful photos and poetry, of which I will now be reading.


 

Wishing you a great week!  May we recognize the beauty in every good blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment