Saturday, August 27, 2022

Sunday, August 28, 2022

 Blessings

 

 "This is my Father's World, O! Let me never forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet." ~ Maltbie D. Babcock 1858-1901

********************************************************

 

Wanted to share what I like to think of as a "God Wink" moment with you all.

I was scrolling through Facebook Saturday morning and saw where my Aunt posted the Hymn and lyrics to, "This is My Father's World."  I realized I hadn't sung it in quite some time, so with the words in front of me, I proceeded to sing it, thinking of how I have missed singing it and after having a trying week, hearing, "though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet" was something I really needed to hear. Later in the morning, I began working on the blog for Sunday's post and there in the list of Hymns to sing was the song,  "This is My Father's World."  Coincidence? I'm choosing to think not. So thankful for those little out of the blue reminders that He is still with us even when we don't feel it. That's what picks us up and gets us through, isn't it? ~ Mindy

*********************************************************

 

 Good Morning!

 

 Please pray for our country, our leaders, and our church.

 

 Praise and Prayer Requests:

 Roger Polsley, Marge Bennet,t Amy and Patric Breekbill, Curtis Weston, Rosemary Handy, Pastor Donna, Jim and Donna Glenn, Mary Sherwood, Beth’s mother, Doris Nenneman, Janet Girioux, David Lueth, the family of Stan Sydow, Conrad Hall, our country, government and military, the unspoken prayers.

 

Today's Sermon:  "World View"

Today's Hymns:

A Mighty Fortress is Our God

A Shelter in the Time of Storm

This is my Father's World

Special Music: "Here I Am Lord" by Schutte/Hayes Choir and Orchestra of St. Lillian 

Blessed Assurance 


*********************************************************

 


 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to everyone who donated school supplies! More than 100 items were donated! Because of your generosity, we were able to donate supplies to the Sidney, Hamburg, and Fremont-Mills school districts. ~Mary

****************************************************************************

 

 

 

 Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

  

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 


I came across this church and information about it on Instagram account @jlmreisch.  All churches come with a story and history but we often just see a picture not knowing their history so it's interesting when you come across a little information to go along with these beautiful, irreplaceable houses of worship.


*********************************************************

Percy's Tidbit


 God help me to see the good in the "not knowing"...the joy in the "in-between"...the meaning in the "meantime." ~ Many Hale

 ********************************************************

 

Have a great week!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment