Saturday, July 20, 2024

Sunday, July 21, 2024

 Blessings

 Feed My Sheep

 ...Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of John, do you love Me more than these?  He said to Him, Yes, Lord, You know that I love You. He said to him, Feed My lambs.  ~John 21:15

********************************************************

 

 

Good Morning!  Had some computer issues with this posting, so not sure if pictures will be uploaded correctly.

 

 Call to Worship, John 24:9-19


Prayer


Hymn  “Take The Name of Jesus with You


Tithes and Offerings, Doxology


Hymn  “Open My Eyes that I May See


Praise and Prayer


Responsive Reading: John 21:15-25

 Leader: 15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon
Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
All: 16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
Leader: 17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do
you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love
me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.
All: 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed
yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will
stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you
where you do not want to go.”
Leader: 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which
Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
All: 20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was
following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus
at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”)
Leader: 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”
All: 22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return,
what is that to you? You must follow me.”
Leader: 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers
that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would
not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return,
what is that to you?”
All: 24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who
wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.
Leader: 25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them
were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not
have room for the books that would be written.


Hymn #107 “Amazing Grace


Special Music: “Feed My Lambs” by John Angotto


Sermon: “Peter Redeemed”


Hymn “Softly And Tenderly


Benediction: Lamentations 3:21-25

 

 

 Prayer

 Mary Sherwood, Jim and Donna Glenn, Roger and Pat Polsley, Davie Warren - cancer, Randy Snapp - cancer, Contractor Charlie, Chrystal, Drew, Dave Heuberger (cancer throughout family), Ellie Warren - growth in lung, Harley Niles, kidney disease, Mike Shipley, Shenandoah, Judy Hilton - extensive surgery

 

 Praise for family birthday celebrations, a happy 60th to Mindy
Raymond and Dana Gunderson, the Moyer’s new home, beautiful
weather and crops, the power of prayer, Jerry’s continued
recuperation, Kate’s successful west coast bike ride.

*******************************************************

 

Today - Root beer or Dreamcicle floats at Fellowship


- Board meeting after the service this morning


August 8th - Indoor picnic after church


August 17th - Percival Stampede

 

*******************************************************

 


Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 

 Today's Sunday Church Share...

 

 

 Picture credit Randy Clegg via @historicrualchurches

 

 ******************************************************

 

 

Percy's Tidbit

 

 There is only one today.  Celebrate the small moments. ~ Mary Davis

 

**************************************************************************

 

Have a great week

 

No comments:

Post a Comment