Friday, April 17, 2020

Snow?!

Good morning to you all on this snowy April 17th?  I guess spring is taking a little pause at the moment, so while it's cold and snowy out there, grab a cup of coffee and let's share a few moments together.

Let's begin with the following sent in by Dale Pritchett.

This is the beautiful spring weather we've come to know and love in Nebraska!


Our granddaughters Tara and Skyler, picked up our groceries this evening and delivered them, guess we're spoiled.

********************************************************************************

I  (Mindy) thought I would share a few things too.  Here's a view from our living room window.





Jasper the cat enjoys the warm radiator looking out the window.





As you can see, I have some hearts in the window.  I participated in the #aworldofhearts project. Last time I looked, the group had over 142,000 members and continues to grow daily. It was started by a North Dakota gal named Mandy Gill, who gave the following reason as to why she created the group:
" This group was created to follow the world vision of filling windows with hearts.  By filling your windows with hearts your neighbors and those passing by will know we are in this together! Everyone is welcome from anywhere! "

I posted my heart window picture on their Facebook page. I believe they are also on Instagram and Twitter. Just google a world of hearts and you will be able to find the information.




On Saturday, April 11, Hamburg had a "cruise night" where anyone who wanted to come to town and make the old "u balls" were welcomed to.  I see where other local towns have been having cruise nights as well. 


 While we are on Main Street I thought I would share this picture of the old lumber yard that was torn down recently. There will be other unsafe buildings torn down as a result of the flood as well. 


Please continue to stay safe and continue social distancing.  A big thank you to all the essential workers out there!  We are in this together and we'll get through it together.
Please continue to send in items to share!
I would like to leave you with this thought I came across the other day:

THERE ISN'T ENOUGH ROOM IN YOUR MIND FOR BOTH WORRY AND FAITH.  YOU MUST DECIDE WHICH ONE WILL LIVE THERE. 

Blessings,
Mindy
Percival Church Blogger
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Love your post Mindy, I have been watching your church posts too. The hearts are just beautiful in the window, I had not heard of this project and you got your snow before we did, ours arrived this morning and is really coming down. I could get some nice pictures if only I would venture out. Everyone I know is doing their part, I have a nurse daughter and I am concerned about all of those who are keeping us going. Love from snowy Michigan this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peggy! Good to hear from you! Keeping everyone uplifted in prayer~

    ReplyDelete