Saturday, October 30, 2021

Sunday, October 31, 2021

 Sunday Blessings!

 Sharing this photo of my ceramic pumpkins that I made 36 years ago.  I can hardly believe it has been that long. They bring back a lot of memories that I revisit every year as I set them out. ~Mindy

 I thought today would be a great day to share a pumpkin story...

 

Today is another day, another opportunity, to shine the light on Jesus!

 

*******************************************************

October 30-31

Please pray for our country, our leaders and our church.

Praise and Prayer Requests:

Don Shipley, Marge Bennett, Don Baker, Ardis Rogers in Hospice, Pat Leuth, the Heuberger family, the family of Pat Shirley, Curtis Weston, safe harvest for the men in the fields, unspoken prayer requests. 

Congratulations to Grace's cheerleading team; praise for marathon runners, kindness in stressful times and unexpected blessings. 

Today's Scripture:  Matthew 5:13- 16

Sermon:  "City on a Hill"

Sunday's Hymns:  

Since Jesus Came Into My Heart

I Love To Tell The Story

Oh How I Love Jesus  -the Detty Family

 

 

Next week: Fall Back Sunday

Harvest Sunday: November 14th

Mission Sunday is the first Sunday of the Month

 

Today after church for those that would like to help, we will be making and distributing treat bags to Percival area youngsters.   If you wish, you can also help by contributing $5 to Mary towards the purchase of the treats and bags. Thank you to everyone! We appreciate you all! Come join in the fun!

*******************************************************

I also wish to share a fun family activity I came across.  A fun/teaching way to carve your pumpkins!

 

It's called, "The Pumpkin Prayer"

 

Open my mind so I can learn about You. (cut the top off the pumpkin) 

Take all my sin and forgive the wrong that I do. (Scoop out the inside)

Open my eyes so Your love I will see. (cut the eyes)

I'm sorry for times I've turned up my nose at what You've given me. (cut the nose)

Open my ears so Your word I will hear. (cut the ears)

Open my mouth to tell others You're near. (cut the mouth)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do! (place a candle/tea light inside)

Amen

*****************************************************

A fun pumpkin carving memory...




*******************************************************

 

 
Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 Today's Sunday church share ~

 

Photo via Pinterest

*******************************************************

Percy's Tibit


 "OWL" you need is Jesus.

 

********************************************************


 Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment