Saturday, October 8, 2022

Sunday, October 9, 2022

 Blessings


 Good Morning!  I just love this Autumn picture taken by cousin/photographer Scott Holmes.  He captioned it "Leaf it there."

 I love pictures of nature, so beautiful.  Sometimes when looking at them, they inspire me with a message.  This photo says to me....Give it to Jesus and 'leaf ' it there.  The hard times, the difficult times,  for the I don't know what to do times that we try and tackle ourselves.  In fact, I just discovered there is a song titled, "Give it to Jesus and Leave it Alone" by The Sensational Nightingales.  It has a catchy little tune, click on the link and give it a listen.

Here is a lyric from the song......"When I try and do things on my own, they seem to always turn out wrong so I'm gonna give it to Jesus and leave it alone."

********************************************************


 

 Please pray for our country, our leaders, and our church.

 

Praise and Prayer Requests:

 

 Roger Polsley, Marge Bennett, Amy and Patric Breekbill, Andrew Heuberger, Rosemary Handy, Pastor Donna, Jim and Donna Glenn, Mary Sherwood, Beth’s mother, Conrad Hall, Don Baker, David Lueth, Farmers in the field, Our country, government and military, Hurricane victims, the unspoken prayers.

 Praise for Sidney High School Band and Volleyball team wins, Penny’s healthy dog, Sandy’s friend’s marathon qualification, good crops, green beans all canned and on the shelves, Pastor Donna’s birthday luncheon. 

Booster shots available at Fremont County Public Health in Hamburg on Wednesdays from 1-3pm (next to the hospital). 

 October Birthday: 27th Pastor Blaine Pritchett

 

*********************************************************

 


Sign-up sheet for Oct. 30 Trunk or Treat participation in Fellowship room. 

 

*************************************************************************************

 

Today's Sermon:  "Trusting Jesus"

Today's Hymns: 

Anywhere with Jesus

In the Garden

Near the Cross

Special Music:  "God is in this Story" by Katy Nichole and Big Daddy Weave

Lyrics for  "God is in this Story"
 by Katy Nichole and Big Daddy Weave 
 
There's torn up pages in this book
 Words that tell me I'm no good
 Chapters that defined me for so long
 But the hands of grace and endless love
 Dusted off and picked me up
 Told my heart that hope is never gone
 Chorus: 
God is in this story
 God is in the details
 Even in the broken parts
 He holds my heart, He never fails
 When I'm at my weakest
 I will trust in Jesus
 Always in the highs and lows
 The One who goes before me
 God is in this story
 So if the storm you're walking through
 Feels like it's too much and you
 Wonder if He even cares at all
 Well, hold on tight to what you know
 He promised He won't let you go
 Your song of healing's written in His scars
 Chorus
 If it reads like addiction
 If it reads like disease
 He's the One who frees the prisoner
 He's the healer of all things
 If it reads like depression
 If it reads broken home
 He's the One who holds your sorrow
 He won't leave you here alone
 Chorus
 God is in this story (you're in this story)
 God is in my story (right here in my story

 

All the way my Savior Leads Me


********************************************************

 

 

Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 

 


 Picture Credit @spencer.gray

 

****************************************************************************

 

 

Percy's Tidbit


 Thank God for what you have....Trust God for what you need.


*********************************************************


Have a great week everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment