Saturday, February 18, 2023

Sunday, February 19, 2023

 Blessings!

We received a lot of snow on Thursday for sure.  I decided I would set my pretty flowers in front of the window, this way, even though I wasn't happy about the snow, I could focus on admiring my flowers, which are beautiful anytime of the year.  A little reminder to myself to be thankful for the blessings of each day.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in faith so that you overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13
 

 *************************************************************************************

 

Good Morning! 

Praise and Prayer Request:

Roger and Pat Polsley, Jenni Umbarger, Gary Sherwood, Greg Sherwood, Lacey and Thomas Kiefer (military duty), Amy and Patric Breekbill, Zayne Osborn, Rosemary Handy, Mary Sherwood, Jim and Donna Glenn, Ellie Warren, Beth's mother, Penny's cousin Randy, Jenny and Shannon Bruce, Goldie Hill, and all the unspoken prayers.

Terry Gunderson passed away on Monday, February 13th.  Visitation will be February 26th at the Morton James Library, 1-3 p.  Special prayers and hugs to Dana and the family.

Extra prayers for the victims of Turkey and Syria's earthquake, rain for drought recovery, Phyllis's grandson Garett's back, Bev's knee replacement, Jo Hyatt and Deb Taylor with cancer.

Praise for Laura's new home, sightings of eagles and geese nearby, remembering Pastor Blaine's helpful phrase "Devil be gone!" Visits from Aaron and Ellie with Penny, a happy Valentine fellowship at Valentino's last Sunday, and a good breakfast in Riverton this morning.

 

Today's Sermon:  "On the Journey"

Today's Hymns:

All the Way My Savior Leads Me

Jesus Loves Me

Amazing Grace

My Dear Friends,

Last Sunday on my way to church this song came on and I cranked it all the way up and knew this was the song for this week.  This week Paul finally makes it to Rome.  I can just hear Paul singing the words, "I speak Jesus."

We conclude Acts this week and next week start the Lenten series.

Remember Dana and family in prayer.

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday ~

Pastor Donna

 

Special Music "I Speak Jesus" by Kings Porch

Anywhere With Jesus

 

*********************************************************

 

NOTICE:

The Annual Meeting will be March 5, after the service.  Beef and Noodles will be served (no mashed potatoes) as well as a dessert.

 

*********************************************************

 

 

 Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 


 
Picture credit:  Instagram Account  @aronsche

 

*********************************************************

 

 

Percy's Tidbit


 

 Psalms 130:5  "I am counting on the Lord;  yes, I am counting on Him.  I have put my hope in His word."

 

*********************************************************

 

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment