Saturday, October 14, 2023

Sunday, October 15, 2023

 Blessings

 

This photo, from a previous year...not sure when, was taken of the beautiful mirror in the church entry way.


********************************************************

 Good Morning!


 

 Sermon:  "Elijah and Elisha...Christ"

 Hymns:

Blessed Assurance

I Love to Tell the Story

Special Music:  "Scars" by I Am They

 Lyrics:

  Waking up to a new sunrise

 Looking back from the other side

 I can see now with open eyes

 Darkest water and deepest pain 

I wouldn't trade it for anything

 'Cause my brokenness brought me to you

 And these wounds are a story you'll use

 Chorus:

 So I'm thankful for the scars

 'Cause without them I wouldn't know your heart

 And I know they'll always tell of who you are

 So forever I am thankful for the scars

 Now I'm standing in confidence

 With the strength of your faithfulness 

And I'm not who I was before

 No, I don't have to fear anymore

 Chorus

 I can see, I can see

 How you delivered me

 In your hands, in your feet

 I found my victory 

I'm thankful for your scars

 'Cause without them I wouldn't know your heart

 And with my life, I'll tell of who you are 

So forever I am thankful

 Chorus 

So forever I am thankful for the scars

Just a Closer Walk With Thee

Benediction:  Lamentations 3:21-25

 


Praise and Prayer Requests:

Roger and Pat Polsley, Jim and Donna Glenn, Mary Woltemath, Mary Sherwood, Don Baker, mission in Uganda, Ellie Warren, Goldie Hill, Stacey, Pastor Donna, Vet Jennifer, all unspoken prayer.

Special prayers for Roger Polsley's pain and health concerns, finding help for the fields, Malvern Veterinarian Jennifer, farmers at harvest.

Praises for bountiful beans and walnuts, Terry Graham's recovery, lovely Birthday celebration for Mary Sherwood hosted by family, Tammy Chaney thanks us for help with a touching celebration of life for Steve Chaney, Betty and Sandy's return to church, Mindy's help with invitations for Trunk or Treat, Donna's home repairs, Wyatt and McKenzie's beautiful wedding.

October Birthdays and Anniversaries:

7th    Mary Sherwood 

1st    Jim and Donna Glenn


Board Meeting after the service today

Wednesday Bible Study, 2 pm

Trunk or Treat is October 29th, after noontime service


*********************************************************



Happy 95th Birthday to Mary Sherwood!  It was a joy to help you celebrate, God Bless you!

 



 ********************************************************

 

 


*********************************************************



Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 

 Today's Sunday Church Share..



Picture via English Country Shabby


****************************************************************************




Percy's Tidbit


Send your Light into the darkness and your peace into the world.  It will be felt.  ~Mary Davis


******************************************************

 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment