Saturday, October 7, 2023

Sunday, October 8, 2023

 Blessings

 

 "The Bible is God's book of promises, and unlike the books of men, it does not change or get out of date."  ~Billy Graham


****************************************************************************

 

 Good Morning!

 

Today's Sermon:  "David...Christ"

Call to Wordhip, 1 Samuel 18:1-14

Today's Hymns:

God Will Take Care of You

I am Thine O Lord

Responsive Reading:  1 Samuel 20:24-42

Special Music:  "The God Who Stays" by Matthew West

 

 "The God Who Stays" Lyrics by Matthew West

 If I were You I would've given up on me by now

 I would've labeled me a lost cause,

 'Cause I feel just like a lost cause

 If I were You I would've turned around and walked away

 I would've labeled me beyond repair, 

 'Cause I feel like I'm beyond repair

 Oh, but somehow You don't see me like I do

 Somehow You're still here

 Chorus: 

You’re the God who stays, You're the God who stays

 You're the one who runs in my direction 

When the whole world walks away

 You're the God who stands, with wide open arms

 And You tell me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart

 From the God who stays

 I used to hide every time I thought I let You down

 I always thought I had to earn my way 

But I'm learning You don't work that way, no

 'Cause somehow You don't see me like I do

 Somehow You're still here 

Chorus

 My shame can't separate, my guilt can't separate 

My past can't separate, I'm Yours forever

 My sin can't separate, my scars can't separate

 My failures can't separate, I'm Yours forever 

No enemy can separate, no power of hell can take away 

Your love for me will never change, I'm Yours forever,

 Cause.. 

Chorus (2x

Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross

Benediction:  Lamentations 3:21-25

 

 Praise and Prayer Requests:

 Roger and Pat Polsley, Betty and Sandy Booker, Jim and Donna Glenn, Goldie Hill, Mary Woltemath, Stacey, Mary Sherwood, Pastor Donna, Don Baker, mission in Uganda, Ellie Warren, Special prayers for Roger Polsey’s pain and health concerns, Donna’s house reconstruction. 

Praises for engine parts for the Percival pumper, beautiful weather, bountiful harvest.

 October Birthdays and Anniversaries: 7th Mary Lou Sherwood, 1st Jim & Donna Glenn 

Wednesday Bible Study, 2 pm. 


********************************************************

 


 

 Birthday Celebration...

 


Mary Sherwood is turning 95!  Her family would like to invite the Percival Church members to help celebrate her birthday today, October 8th, 2023 from 11:15-1:00 here at the church.  

 ********************************************************

 

  

 Trunk or Treat is October 29th

 

 


 *********************************************************




Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 

Picture via Pinterest
 

 

*********************************************************

 

 

 

Percy's Tidbit



Just keep doing the best you can.

*********************************************************




Love pictures!  Pictures have a way of placing you back in "remembered moments."  Sights, smells, sounds, nature, animals, all the feels.  Pictures allow us to recall life and all that it entails.

Thought it would be fun to close each week with little "snippets" of life that will perhaps spark a memory or at the very least bring a smile.

*I do not own the pictures. 

 

 





Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment