Sunday, June 23, 2024

Sunday, June 23, 2024

 Blessings

 

 Good Morning!

Last Sunday as the light was pouring in the church window, it brought to mind an old Sunday School song, "Open Up Your Heart and let the Sunshine In." 

"When you are unhappy the devil wears a grin.  But oh.....he starts to running when the light comes pouring in!"

 

*********************************************************


 Call to Worship and Prayer


Hymn “Praise To The Lord, Almighty


Tithes and Offerings, Doxology


Hymn #325 “All Hail The Power


Children’s Program


Praise and Prayer


Responsive Reading: II Corinthians 12:1-10

Paul’s Vision and His Thorn


Leader: 12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to
be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord.
All: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was
caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out
of the body I do not know—God knows.
Leader: 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or
apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—
All: 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things,
things that no one is permitted to tell.
Leader: 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast
about myself, except about my weaknesses.
All: 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool,
because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one
will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say,
Leader: 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations.
Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was
given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
All: 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from
me.
Leader: 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for
my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all
the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may
rest on me.
All: 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in
insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I
am weak, then I am strong.


Hymn #341 “Come Thou Almighty King


Special Music: “Strength Of My Life” by Vertical Worship


Sermon: “Thorn in the Flesh”


Hymn #469 “Higher Ground


Benediction: Lamentations 3:21-25

 

 

 Prayer

 Mary Sherwood, Jim and Donna Glenn, Roger and Pat Polsley,
Jerry Birkby - knee, heart recovery, Davie Warren - cancer, Beth’s brother-in-law, Matt, Randy Snapp - cancer, Chrystal, Drew, Dave Heuberger (cancer throughout family), Kate Little - west coast bike ride, Ellie Warren - growth in lung, Harley Niles, kidney disease, Jessica and Vincent, Pastor Donna - skin anomalies, Traveling mercies

 Praise for Donna’s sturdy pavilion, Penny’s expected great great
grandchild in January, Kate’s daughter with new job in Birmingham

*******************************************************

 

   

 

     July 7th - Root beer or Dreamcicle floats at Fellowship

****************************************************

 

    July 13th - Barn quilt workshop: contact Beth at 712-529-4316

    August 8th - Indoor picnic after church

     August 17th - Percival Stampede 

 

*******************************************************

 

 Last week Mary assisted Ezra in singing a song for Father's Day.  They encouraged everyone to sing along. 😊



********************************************************

         

Old churches must not simply stand as monuments to the past but as spiritual grandparents that have invested in the future by passing on their life to others and releasing their offspring to form new congregations. ~ unknown

 

 

 Today's Sunday Church Share..

 

Picture via Pinterest/South Dakota 

 

********************************************************

 

Percy's Tidbit


 


 *******************************************************

 

Hey you.....yeah you!  Have a great week!


                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment